Not only can snoring be an inconvenience to your sleeping partner, it can cause a host of problems including sore throat, dry mouth, and daytime sleepiness. Working to eliminate snoring for good will resolve these problems and promote a healthier sleep environment for you and your partner. Sleep better!
Cures To Stop Snoring
- Change your sleeping position. Sleeping on your back is proven to increase the frequency and volume of snoring. Try sleeping on your side or stomach instead.
- Try a stop snoring aid. Adhesive nasal strips, nasal sprays and anti-snoring pillows are all effective at reducing or eliminating snoring, and are commonly available at major retail stores.
- Talk to your doctor about possible underlying conditions. Sleep conditions such as sleep apnea can cause loud, chronic snoring problems. Treatments for sleep apnea are very effective, including continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machines and surgical options.
- Consider surgical solutions. Laser Assisted Uvulopalatoplasty (LAUP), removal of adenoids and pillar implants have all been proven effective for certain causes of snoring.
There are several natural remedies to try first to eliminate snoring. A healthy lifestyle is conducive to reducing snoring. Simple lifestyle changes such as sleeping on your side or stomach, avoiding alcohol or other depressants in the evening and losing as little as 10 percent of excess body weight can all remarkably improve snoring problems. Factors that increase snoring are:
- Sleeping on your back
- Increasing body weight
- Alcohol consumption
- Tobacco consumption
- Eating heavy meals late in the evening
- Sleeping tablets or mood-altering drugs
Various anti snoring devices have been invented to assist people to stop snoring. These gadgets range from being extremely simple to something more complicated. Most aim at keeping the nasal passage open for free and easy circulation of air. Anti-snoring pillows are one of the most simple and moderately useful solutions to snoring. Also called the “orthopedic pillow”, these are specially designed pillows to make the body lie in the correct position while sleeping.
Adhesive nasal strips are effective in many cases to eliminate snoring. These strips help lift nasal passages to improve airflow through the nose. Breathe Right nasal strips reduce or eliminate snoring and provide instant relief.
Throat Sprays help tighten the tissues around the nose and throat can help to reduce vibration that causes snoring. Anti-snoring throat spray consists mostly of natural oils that lubricate the throat. Though it may not serve as a long term cure, these sprays are often very cheap, non-invasive and highly accessible.
View all Anti Snoring Devices.
Surgical Cures for Snoring
If other treatments fail, snoring surgery may be the best option to eliminate snoring. Laser Assisted Uvulopalatoplasty (LAUP) is a relatively inexpensive treatment to trim the uvula, a major cause of snoring. Adenoids, spongy tissues in the back of the nasal cavity, are often a cause of snoring, so surgical removal of these can stop snoring problems.
Pillar implants are a very effective treatment that utilizes three small implants in the mouth to tighten the surrounding tissue and reduce snoring. When you suffer from snoring, your entire family may suffer along with you. These treatment options to eliminate snoring for good can help return you and your loved ones to peaceful nights once again.
- 30% of individuals over 30 living in the United States snore on a regular basis
- When asked if their partner snored, 6 out 10 participants reported “yes.”
- 6% of children snore habitually and up to 10% of children can suffer from sleep apnea
- Men snore twice as much as women. This number changes when women reach menopause
- 50% of individuals who suffer from essential hypertension also suffer from sleep apnea
- A person with sleep apnea will lose on average 1 hour of sleep every night and can wake up as much as 21 times per hour.
- Women who are considered shorter in height and heavier in weight snore significantly more than their counterpart.
Snoring does not have to rule your life. Try simple lifestyle changes at home first, and then talk with your doctor to discuss how to help snoring with modern medical treatments. With so many options available, it is possible to find a cure for your snoring and get a peaceful night’s rest at last.